Spring is officially here…
Don’t leave the scents of spring outside, bring them home with you.
Here at Kenneth Turner we believe that spring is one of the most beautiful times of year. The days are finally getting brighter, warmer (slowly but surely!) and beautiful flowers begin to bloom… flowers are of course how the Kenneth Turner brand started so flowers are our favourite.
For the spring, why not try our Flowers range that will bring the beautiful fragrances to choose from that will give your home the smell of spring!
One of our favourite things about this time of year is finally being able to get in the garden, so we have put together some of our favourite gardening tips for you all to enjoy!
- When mowing the grass, try mowing in different directions each time. If mowing the grass in the same direction continuously, it will actually cause the grass to bend away from the lawn mower, meaning it won’t look as nice.
- Prune your dead branches from your bushes and trees and make them look alive once again. This will also help other flowers and possibly even some fruits grow, giving some extra colour to your garden.
- Pansies, tulips, lettuce and peas all grow really well in the spring and it is the best time to plant them. They will be fully bloomed by the summer, giving your garden a range of beautiful colours and textures.
- If you are thinking about getting a bird feeder or already have one, make sure to place it on solid ground, like concrete. If placed on grass, the seeds from the bird feeder that fall to the ground will start to sprout as weeds. On solid ground there is no soil to supplement the growth of weeds.
- Decking, if you have it, can get discoloured and covered in dirt and grime from the winter. Get this cleaned in the spring and make any repairs early, by the time summer comes around you can kick back and relax and look at the beautiful garden you created.
If you like to enjoy a tipple in the garden after a hard day’s gardening then why not try the English Rose Cocktail…